Are your hormones wrecking havoc and stopping you from living a normal life?
You are not alone!
are tiny molecules that deliver messages to many areas of the body. When our hormones are out of balance, they can produce problematic symptoms that can interfere with many areas of our life, including our menstrual cycle, our sense of well-being, physical and emotional health, work, relationships and our everyday functioning.
The Naturopathic approach to restoring hormonal balance by getting to the root cause of your concerns can dramatically improve the quality of your life.
Dr. Tam, ND provides effective treatments for a variety of women’s health concerns and conditions associated with hormone imbalance, including:
- Menopausal symptoms
- Menstrual irregularities
- Heavy periods (menorrhagia)
(ie. mood swings, cravings, bloating, acne & skin changes, breast tenderness)
- Menstrual pain
- Fertility optimization
(also available for men)
- Pregnancy care
- Post-partum depression
What could be causing your hormonal issues?
- Exposure to excess hormones
(ie. plastics, our food, birth control pills, xenoestrogens)
- Environmental toxins (hormone disrupters)
- “OAT-Axis” dysfunction (Ovary-Adrenal-Thyroid axis)
- Overburdened detoxification pathways
- Dysbiosis (abnormal gut bacteria)
– hormones are greatly affected by this!
- Stressful or busy lifestyle
- Life-stage changes
- Suppressed emotions
(Neuro Emotional Technique (NET) can help!)
How do Naturopathic Doctors treat hormone imbalances?
Naturopathic doctors provide safe and effective treatments to target the underlying causes your symptoms and help you rebalance your hormones naturally:
- Saliva, blood or urine hormone profile testing
- Diet & lifestyle modification
- Herbs & homeopathy
- Correct nutritional deficiencies (quality supplementation)
- Acupuncture (especially for regulating menstrual cycles)
- Rebalance abnormal gut bacteria
Dr. Tam, ND is also experienced with treating "men’s health concerns" that may include andropause (decreased stamina or libido, muscle or bone loss, erectile dysfunction), prostate abnormalities, fatigue, and infertility (ie. improve sperm count and quality)
Contact us to find out how we can help!