Not only does the skin function as your first line of defense against environmental insults, your skin’s condition is also a direct reflection of your internal health.
Frustrating skin conditions like Eczema and Psoriasis are really symptoms that reveal the presence of deeper imbalances in your health and wellbeing.
- Itchy skin
- Fungal infections
- Premature aging
Underlying imbalances that can affect your skin:
- Food allergies or sensitivities
- Poor diet (ie. pro-inflammatory, nutritional deficiencies)
- Toxins overload (from our food & environment)
- Ineffective liver detoxification
- Essential fatty acid deficiency
- Hormone imbalances
- Dysbiosis (gut bacteria imbalances)
- Immune system dysfunctions
- Stress & emotional state
- Uncontrolled inflammation in the body
- Environmental factors (ie. aggressive skin & body products)
Because your skin is affected by so many factors and systems in your body, Dr. Tam, ND will help you determine and address the underlying culprits that may be contributing to your skin condition.
We will often implement an individualized combination of natural treatments, including:
- Dietary & lifestyle changes (ie. anti-inflammatory diet)
- Stress management
- Support detoxification pathways
- Nutritional supplementation
- Homeopathic remedies
While conventional treatments like hydrocortisone creams and antibiotics may temporarily reduce the symptoms, we must consider the deeper aspects of your health and wellbeing so that we can rebalance your skin to a better state of health.
Contact us to find out how we can help!