Smoke-Free Living (Smoking Cessation) Program
Are you looking for help to quit smoking?
We all know that smoking is hazardous to our health and the health of our family and friends, and it continues to be one of the most preventable causes of cancers and diseases in North America. The benefits of not smoking are endless; hence quitting smoking is a healthy and important step towards achieving better health.
I understand that quitting smoking can be a daunting endeavor. It involves breaking firm habits, overcoming addiction and withdrawal symptoms, and transitioning to a new healthier lifestyle.
What is the "Smoke-Free Living Program"?
Our smoking cessation program is created to empower you with physical and emotional tools to help you through this challenging transformation. We will customize the program according to the stage of change you are in to help you end the cycle of addiction, support healthy detoxification, manage withdrawal symptoms, and reach your goal of becoming a non-smoker.
It is never too late for anyone to stop smoking. Just consider the remarkable repairs that our body is capable of achieving within just 20 minutes of your last cigarette! (see diagram on right)
Every great journey begins with a single step – Take the first step and be empowered to take better care of your health and quit smoking once and for all through this program.
Our comprehensive program uses a combination of safe and effective natural treatments & behavioural therapies, including:
- Body & ear acupuncture - to reduce cravings by balancing the body's brain chemistry, and dealing with the physical & psychological attributes involved with addiction (ie. cravings, stress response)
- Nutritional supplementation - to assist the body's repairing mechanism and detoxification
- Herbal & homeopathic medicines - to overcome cravings, reduce withdrawal symptoms, calm the nervous system, and help eliminate harmful tobacco toxins from the body.
- Behavioural exercises - an individualized process to help you break the vicious cycle of addiction once and for all
- Hydrotherapy techniques - to aid in the elimination of toxins
The Smoke-Free Living Program consists of:
- 1 x Initial naturopathic consultation (required for new patients) - To complete assessment, physical exam, smoking cessation contract & get you started on the program.
- 5 x weekly follow-up visits (up to 45 mins) - To apply the therapies mentioned above, offer continual motivation and support & introduce practical new tools every week for long-term success.
- The "Lung Detox & Rejuvenation Program" is also available to those who have successfully completed the Smoke-Free Living Program.
© Freda Tam, ND 2013. All rights reserved.